Former President Donald Trump revealed Monday that he returned to his Mar-a-Lago property while decrying the FBI’s raid targeting the resort last month.
“Arrived in Florida last night and had a long and detailed chance to check out the scene of yet another government ‘crime,’ the FBI’s Raid and Break-In of my home, Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote on Truth Social. “I guess they don’t think there is a Fourth Amendment anymore, and to them, there isn’t. In any event, after what they have done, the place will never be the same.”
Trump said the residence “was ‘ransacked,’ and in far different condition than the way I left it,” adding that FBI agents “didn’t even take off their shoes in my bedroom.”
Members of Trump’s family and his lawyers have indicated that the 45th president was not there when the FBI agents targeted his Palm Beach, Florida, residence. When the agents searched his home, Trump and family members watched them via CCTV cameras from New York, his lawyers have said.
The Epoch Times has contacted the FBI for comment.
Trump’s announcement comes just days after U. S. Judge Aileen Cannon also appointed Senior District Judge Raymond Dearie as a third party to review records seized by the FBI for materials that could be privileged and kept from federal investigators.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), in court filings, has promised to take the case to an appeals court if Cannon ruled against their request. They had also sought to block the independent arbiter, Dearie, from vetting the roughly 100 classified documents included among the 11,000 records gathered in the court-approved Aug. 8 search…. (Read more)